Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday eveninag...

Paul has retired and I will try to get down some happenings today...I started my morning by meeting at 9:00 a.m. with the Student Nurse from Grand Valley University..I spend around 1 1/2 to 2 hours with her and will spend some time next week...then, I came up to the apartment and made Paul and I lunch..then, Steve took me to Yonkers to do some personal shopping (the first I have done in a long time. they had a sale and then Wednesday is Senior day with an extra 2o% of) and everyone knows how much I love a bargain...I was able to purchase a couple pair of really good shoes, a replacement for the ring that I lost, earrings, a new belt and a new bathing suit..I was really tired when I got home but I didn't have to fix dinner as we ate downstairs in the dining hall..I got ready to go down and Paul is sitting in his chair and when I told him that it was time to go down he told me that he wasn't ready to go down..so I simply told him that I was going on down to the dining hall to eat and when he was ready he could come down...I met three of my lady friends in the Hall and when they found out what was happening, they asked me if I cared if they went down to the apartment and asked him to come down with them...I went ahead down and when he came down with them, I was seated with my friends and I really didn't know if he would simply sit down with them or come over to my table and eat with me.. which he did as if nothing had occurred before...he also has been wanting to call his brother Jon and wanted to talk with him alone without either Ann or I on the phone which I did..I called Jon and explained that Paul wanted to just talk with him and when he hung up he was so concerned that the phone wasn't working all right and that he was unable to contact Johnny by himself..so I simply explained to him that his Parkinson's prevented him from being able to make the call himself and he accepted this explanation..but this has been another looooooooooooooog day and tomorrow I go for a MRI on the left side which is the side that I am having so much pain..they will try to pinpoint my problem and then know how to treat it...this has been a very hot day but we just had a nice shower and it should cool things off a bit....hope everyone has had a good so good night for now..........Love and prayers..Mary, Mom, and Grandma

No comments: