Sunday, November 2, 2008

SUNDAY MORNING AT THE VILLAGE...

Up at 5 a.m. and decided to write a few lines...this has been an interesting week for me...On Tuesday, Steve took me to shop at Family Worth, Family Dollar and Walgreens where I was able to pick up some items that we needed..then on Thursday, Eileen and I went to lunch downtown at 8th Street Grill where I had a bowl of Clan Chowder..yum, yum and fish, chips and slaw for lunch while Eileen had the chowder and a salad..then we went to the fudge store where I purchased some fudge and the candy store where I purchased some of their many varieties of candies (this store takes me back in my memory to the corner grocery store of my childhood where there was many bins of candy and you could get a little bag of candies for a penny a piece..this was fun..while we were lunching, Steve came over and brought Paul some Kentucky fried chicken and visited with him..then yesterday I made some chicken stew with dumplins in my crock pot and had just enough for Dad and I a bowl, a bowl for Eileen and a bowl each for my friends Kay and Ivy here in the village...these ladies have been so good to me that I try to find ways to show my appreciation...Paul had me up this morning around 4 a.m. and I had a hard time getting him back to bed...he kept telling me there was someone in his room and finally I was able to convince him to go back to bed..also, we had a telephone call from Chuck Woods who was in the quartet with Paul during our college years and Paul was able to talk with him and knew who he was..Chuck and Paul are the remaining members of the quartet still living. as you can see, this has been a very full week and I am beginning to cope a little better with my situation...I plan on going to Church this morning..Eileen has been picking me up and taking me to the Presbyterian Church and coming and getting me before she goes to her Church but today I will be going with a lady here at the village and her daughter and then Eileen will pick me up after church and bring me home..I was so tired last evening but feel rested this morning...hope that all of you have a wonderful day...enjoy...this is the first day of the rest of your life...love and prayers....Mary

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Thanks for the chicken stew! It was yummy! I ate it all up. Mmmm...