Saturday, November 8, 2008

COLD RAINY NIGHT AT APPLEDORN..

This has been a long day and I am very weary tonight...I awaken around 6 a.m. and Dad was up and when I asked him what he wanted for breakfast..I gave him three choices, one being bacon and eggs and he chose that...I am beginning to realize that when I enclude this as one of his choices that he will always take bacon and eggs and being smart enough to learn this, when I don't feel up to fixing bacon and eggs I will simply not give him this choice..I fixed his breakfast and went down to put my clothes (which I washed yesterday but didn't have time to dry and then back to the aprtment to have my breakfast and get Paul washed and ready for the day..then back to take things out of the dryer and put on hangers....then Paul and I (after dressing) took a CD and went down to the Dining Hall to have hot cocoa for Paul and coffee for me...the ladies were there playing a game and I asked them if we could put on our record and they o.k'd it...just as we getting ready to leave, another lady came and said she thought there would be someone to visit with so I sent Paul on up to the apartment and I stayed ...in the meantime, a three more ladies show up to visit...I stayed awhile longer and then decided to go up and on the way up I decided that Paul and I could drive down a Pub and Bar and have our lunch..as we were pulling out we had a little sleet..Paul said he thought that I should practice driving around the apartment building but I told him that I had license and that I could drive...we really had delicious food but I was exhausted when I god back..besides having to put dress slacks on Paul (he wears leisure pants around the apartment) and helping him in and out of the car..he is so slow and I am (without a hat) out trying to fasten his seatbelt and then unfasten when we get the Pub...then
I couldn't remember how to turn the lights off and called Eileen and Steve to come over and turn them off which they did later...at least, we got a visit from them out of it..they brought their sweeper to help me clear my bed of seeds from my little headpillow (which probably came over in Noah's Ark as it is so old)..oh well , another item to replace..I plan on going to Church tomorrow...three Sundays in a row if something doesn't happen to keep me from going....oh yes, I bought a red toaster oven on sale at Meiers and gave my old toaster to Eileen and Steve..we had chilli, cheese and crackers for our supper tonight...hope all are well and happy...love and prayer, Mary

No comments: